Monday 3 December 2012

Christmas spirit: Selfridges window displays

So last week I started my new (temporary) job at Forever 21 on Oxford St. As it was my first week I kept finding myself turning up very early!! One day I turned up at 8am and thought I would go and have a good look at the Selfridges window displays. I had briefly walked past them but it was the perfect time to have a glimpse and to take pictures as Oxford St was deserted!



Look at all those Quality Street. It is definitely Christmas time!
 Once again Selfridges have out done themselves and created a range of beautiful and creative windows-they definitely show the other department stores how it is done! My favourite part of the window displays has to be the corner window entitled 'The Anya Hindmarch all I ever wanted'. I'm not too sure how much input Anya had herself but she must be so proud-from an abundance of quality street to little toy trains and stunning Anya Hindmarch bags the window is a work of art!



Christmas is such an exciting time of the year, especially for children. This window display shows a more playful side of christmas as children received their presents  Love the Harry Potter style shades kids!


Wouldn't mind an iPad for christmas..... Please Santa!
 Selfridges has a vast amount of space which makes each window a great canvas of opportunity. Visual Merchandising is an art form and Selfridges excel in every way, I really can't fault them. If I was a tourist walking past or somebody not aware of Selfridges these beautifully displays would definately bring me in.



This has to be the cutest of the window displays-teddy bear picnic. I wouldn't say it was exactly traditional but I like it..



Agent Provocateur sleigh.... 


Selfridges take on Santa's sleigh. Santa in a giant stiletto!




So if you haven't found yourself in the christmassy mood yet then I hope this post has helped!
If you live in London I would definitely reccomend a visit to Oxford St at the moment, the atmosphere is so christmassy and the lights are stunning!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I saw this when I was in London. All the big department stores windows are amazing. Great photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time :) Christmas is my favourite time of year to go window shopping.... I still need to visit some of the other stores but I just love Selfridges window displays.. :)

      x Katie

      Delete