Tuesday 18 June 2013

London Collections: Men YMC SS14

After taking Day 1 off for my birthday, YMC on the morning of Day 2 kicked off London Collections:Men for me this season. After a last minute ticket allocation I managed to grab myself a seat and get comfortable. The first thing I noticed was the new layout of the show space at The Old Sorting Office and I thought it was great. The vibe of the show was very chilled and this was echoed with the laid back, ready-to-wear collection from YMC, similar to that of Topman or Urban Outfitters. Overall the collection was very on trend and wearable but it didn't push boundaries as much as I had hoped. A striped suit with shorts was a strong look and can see this growing ever popular over the next year. Cowboy hats were also frequent as well as straw hats adding that summer vibe. Colour ways were mainly vibrant green and aqua blue within the browns and monochrome shades. YMC played it safe this season but in monetary terms this will most likely pay off in the long run. 






1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    nice post...
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC..

    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete