Tuesday 8 January 2013

London Collections: Christopher Shannon A/W 13

"Obsessive, Compulsive, Re-order"-Autumn/Winter 2013

The Christopher Shannon show was the first on my list at London Collections:Men so I was excited to get back in the swing of things and see some new collections. The show was running slightly late, but I bumped into the editor of a menswear magazine I contribute towards, Pause so it worked out quite well. Unfortunately I only had standing tickets so my view wasn't great but I could still appreciate the collection just as well.  Did I mention I spotted the amazing David Gandy on the front row although he did spend the show talking and on his phone (uhumm!).  

Christopher Shannon is a menswear graduate from Central Saint Martins, who first received Newgen sponsorship in 2010. The show opened with my favourite style, a black and white monochrome look. There was an abundance of wool, lots of navy and a splash of red but overall Christopher Shannon displayed his sense of invention whilst playing it safe for his Autumn/Winter 2013 collection. The collection entitled 'Obsessive, Compulsive, Re-order' was inspired by the fabrics found in hoarders homes. One thing that did make Christopher Shannon stand out was the fact that he not only used men in his catwalk collection but also a selection of women. I'm not sure how they felt about being selected for a menswear catwalk show but it certainly got people talking about it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment